Learn the Art of Social Media Timing
Just submit the same piece of material at different times and you will see that whenever you post during peak times, you are getting more traffic. That’s why I did a research on various social media platforms “Social Media Timing” to find the best time to submit various infographics, research and content from their data. Social media time really matters.
Number of Top 5 Social Networks and Registered Users
- Facebook – Registered Users – 1 billion, active users – 500 million daily active users
- Twitter – Registered Users – 500 Million, Active Users – 7 Million Daily Active Users
- Google+ – Registered Users – 400 million, active users – 75 million daily active users
- LinkedIn – Registered Users – 175 million, Active Users – 25 million Daily Active Users
- Pinterest – Registered Users – 25 million active users – 4 million daily active users
Best and Worst Time * Top 5 Content to Share on Social Networks
- Facebook – Best time – 12am to 1 pm or 7 pm to 11 pm, worst time – from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Twitter – Best time – from 1 a.m. to 6 p.m., worst time – from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Google+ – Best time – 9am to 11 o’clock, worst time – 6am to 8pm
- LinkedIn – Best time – 7 am to 9 am or 5 pm to 6 pm, worst time – from 10 pm to 6 pm
- Pinterest – Best time – 2 pm to 8 pm – 8 pm, worst time – 5 pm to 7 pm
* Eastern Time
Some Quick Social Media Facts
- The most popular social media marketing tools for Facebook and Twitter brands.
- Pinterest is the third most popular social networking website (after Facebook and Twitter) in the United States.
- LinkedIn users have a bachelor’s degree in more than 50% and they use the site as their professional networking website.
- Pinterest runs more traffic than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined
- 91% of mobile internet access is for social networking activities.
- 9 2% Twitter Tweets are for “Interesting Content”
- 8 am – 7 pm Slot is considered as “busy hour” and 8 pm – 7 am slot is considered “busy busy hours”.
- The brands are more active during the weekend and there are no weekends on social media websites.
- The lowest click rates are on Saturdays and Sundays. This is the reason why you see less traffic on weekends. Maximum clicks can be obtained through tweets by tweeting less than 5 tweets per hour.
- Highest percentage of users reading in the morning It’s a good idea to publish your blog posts in the morning and share content on social media during your peak hours.
- Almost 50% of the American population is in the Eastern Time Zone. So after EST there is a better option.